Struggling with hair fall this summer? Tired of trying out anything and everything but nothing seems to work out? Don’t worry, here, we share some good old natural remedies to help reduce hair fall that are sure to help!
- Oil Massages:
Who does not love a warm oil massage? Not only does it rejuvenates your senses but also does well to the scalp. Warm oil massage helps the natural hair roots to get stronger and can prevent hair fall. Use some essential oils to massage the scalp. You will love its fragrance and it will calm your senses. Massage with warm oil thrice a week and you will notice a remarkable change in your hair quality. It also increases the blood circulation to your scalp making the hair roots stronger.
How to Massage Scalp?
- Choose an essential oil suitable to your hair type. e.g. Rosemary oil, peppermint oil.
- Add few drops of essential oil in your massage oil.
- Take a small amount of massage oil on to our finger and begin massaging in a circular motion.
- After the massage is done wrap a warm towel around hair and leave it on for 30 mts.
- Healthy Diet:
When it comes to health, skin care or even hair care – the word diet is repeated a zillion times. The benefits of a balanced meal are so profound that, its mention is simply inevitable. A healthy diet is very essential for hair growth. Nuts like almonds and walnuts promote hair growth. Consuming green leafy vegetables promote thicker hair growth and also prevent hair fall in summer. Healthy hair needs protein, calcium and minerals. All of these are available in the right quantity in leafy vegetables, milk, eggs and legumes. Having one portion of any of these substances will be beneficial in controlling hair fall.
- Using Natural Products:
Listed below are some natural products, which reduce hair fall:
- Coconut milk is enriched with nutrition and keeps hair soft and shiny
- Extracts from amla have a soothing effect on hair and fights dandruff (Dandruff causes hair fall).
- Aloe vera juice and wheat grass keeps the scalp moist and useful against infections and hence strengthens hair.
Drinking lots of water during summer helps remove the harmful toxins form the body. The wavy hair follicles remain moist and the quality of hair improves. Drink lots of coconut water, fruit juices .Also include food that hydrates the body like cucumber, water melon etc.
Avoid the use of hair dryers while drying natural hair. Let it dry naturally. Also one has a tendency to visits swimming pools, water parks during summer. The water here contains chlorine in large quantities which can damage hair. So always cover it with a swimming cap.